What is laser assisted hatching?
- It is Art Technique used in IVF treatment.
- Main purpose to implant the embryo & extracted cells of embryo help to identify the genetic diseases.
- It is used in PGD, PGS, PGT for diagnostic purpose.
Methods of hatching:
- Mechanical hatching
- Chemical hatching
- Laser hatching
WHY MAJORITY OF EMBRYOS DON’T IMPLANT?
- Embryo quality
- Receptivity of uterine lining
- Female age
What is PGD?
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis
- To increases the potential for a successful pregnancy and delivery without genetic diseases.
- Fertilized egg culture for day 3 & 5 develop into embryo’s
- Day 3 & 5 with help of laser technique one or more cells biopsied from a day 3 or day 5 embryo’s.
- Genetic test performed on biopsied cells
- Embryos free of genetic abnormalities transferred back to uterus/ frozen.
Application of LAH
- Two or more IVF cycle Failed
- Poor embryo quality
- Advanced age >38
- Zona Hardening